Film – Week 8 – Screenwriting

Pumpkin Field

“Pumpkin Field” by AcrylicArtist is licensed under CC BY 2.0

“You can’t fix a bad script after you start shooting. The problems on the page only get bigger as they move to the big screen.” – Howard Hawks

SUMMARY

• Write your weekly summary here, last, at the end of the week…
    • Only one to two sentences
  • DELETE ALL OF MR. LE DUC’s INSTRUCTIONS, AFTER YOU ARE DONE

PRACTICE ROOM (TUTORIALS)

CLASSROOM (THEORY & ANALYSIS)

Image from sneakonthelot.com/my-courses/
  • Today we worked on Sneak on the Lot. We learned about three separate things, the History of Film, Phases of Production, and then Jobs on Set. I thought that the history of film was interesting to learn because I love learning about history and what happened in the past. I think it’s super important to learn about and from the past because you first want to learn what to do or not to do and you also want to respect the people that came before you and created what you love.

LAB (THEORY PRACTICED)

• Right now what’s causing tension for me is staying focused on work. I don’t focus very well normally because I have ADD but being inside of real school used to keep me pretty focused. Although I would talk to friends in class (when I’m allowed to) I would stay focused and on-task when I needed to. Now with online school, I get distracted a lot. I’ve started to use the timers and that has helped a lot. I also turn off notifications on my phone during school time. Those help me a lot but just right now I have a TV show on in the background. It’s paused right now but I always have something running or I am always moving. It kind of helps me to be able to focus a little bit but it is still a big distraction. No matter what I am doing I usually have YouTube or Netflix on. If I’m cleaning my room it’s on, baking, and just doing chores there is always some type of distraction. I took a quiz once called the enneagram test and it says I am Type 7. Which basically means that I am the type of person that is always doing something and very hyperactive. It’s definitely true. I’d like to be more like some of my friends who can focus on one thing and get it done fast. Being un-focused hasn’t affected my grades though. I’m still a good student but I have to recompensate (is that a word?) for the amount of time I waste working on something else for the amount of time I need to work on that one thing. Timers up!

OUTSIDE (CREATIVITY & THE BRAIN)

• A missing person in a small town where everyone knows everyone so no one suspects it.
  • The person tries to work while another person in the house is in voice lessons and is just starting voice lessons.
  • Wifi goes out in the middle of a person’s final exam.
  • Fish Tank breaks and all the fish go into the sink so when any water in the house turns on a heap of fish fly out.
  • The person in the corn maze and gets lost and then a scarecrow comes alive.
  • I’m not sure where most of these ideas came from, mainly the fish one.

STUDIO (FILMING)

WHAT I LEARNED and PROBLEMS I SOLVED

• Today my wifi went down very badly in the morning and I couldn’t get it restarted. After about 30 minutes of trying to reboot it, I did it and I was very happy. I have been trying to find ways to be able to use the wifi the easiest at my house since it is notoriously terrible. I was playing Among Us with a few friends last night and I kept disconnecting from the server. I learned that if I turn off the wifi on my phone while playing I can still text my friends if I need to and the game and Discord server works smoothly!

WEEKLY ACTIVITY EVALUATION