Week 14-Analysis

“Judy Garland, Hedy Lamarr and Lana Turner” by classic film scans is licensed under CC BY 2.0

“Analysis gave me great freedom of emotions and fantastic confidence. I felt I had served my time as a puppet.”

Hedy Lamarr – Read about 1930s actress Hedy Lamarr-inventor of cellphones, Wi-Fi and GPS

SUMMARY

• This week I watched Just Mercy and read a Covid Mental Health Chart!

OUTSIDE (CREATIVITY, PRODUCTIVITY & THE BRAIN)

Image from bananatreelog.com
  • In this weird time, I think that the idea of this guide is so helpful. Especially the Attention diet idea. The overflow of politics, corona numbers, and excessive drama simply created to keep us busy is so toxic to our mindsets. Especially that it is so easy to get unstoppable information now. We need time to step away and focus on positive things, whether that be watching a movie, reading a book, or exercise. Having a specific amount of time you commit to reading the news would be so beneficial to us and clearing your mind afterward lets us move on with positivity. I also think that the holiday season is extra stressful because of the usual busy-ness that we are used to. This year could be a chance to slow down and not commit yourself to do a million things. We are used to spending time with many people during the season and now we can’t, so finding time to find the positives this season instead of focusing on negatives is nice.

WHAT I LEARNED and PROBLEMS I SOLVED

• This week I learned while watching a movie so much information about racial injustices and the death penalty.
  • A problem I solved was that I couldn’t go on a walk to reflect on the Covid chart because I am sick, so instead, I found a quiet place and wrote my ideas down.